[special_text tagname=”h1″ pattern=”no” color=”#000000″ font_size=”18″ font_weight=”300″ font=”google_web_font_Open Sans” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” align=”left”]
This week’s challenge: Wake up an hour earlier and do something for your finances/career/dreams.
Use the time to knock out a few tasks or even a major goal you’ve been putting off. Better yet, start a new morning routine that allows you to ease into your day more stress-free!
Here are a few suggestions, but what you actually do with this hour is completely up to you. (And if one week is too much – do at least ONE DAY so you can see what it feels like!)
- Monday: Go for a walk or read. (Let’s ease into this, nothing too drastic!)
- Tuesday: Finally pay those bills that have been piling up on your counter.
- Wednesday: Get to work an hour early to impress your boss and/or do actual work.
- Thursday: Start tracking your net worth!
- Friday: Go over your expenses from the week and see what you can be better about.
- Saturday: Work on your side hustle!
- Sunday: Spend an hour in gratitude, thankfulness, and reflection.
We all need some structure in our lives, or at least a set of rules to follow – even if we make them ourselves. This is the basis of personal finance, after all.
- Spend less than you make – RULE
- Save/invest the difference – RULE (and an important one!)
- Pay off your credit cards at the end of every month – RULE (this counts even if you’re a hacker gobbling up all the free points and miles and cash back, btw. The second you leave balances on those cards the benefits start diminishing!)
- Protect your wealth/stuff/family with insurance – RULE. A boring rule, but a rule nonetheless
- Always be learning and reading Budgets Are Sexy – RULE. The best rule 😉
Another benefit of being an adult – WE GET TO MAKE THE RULES NOW!! How sweet is that?? We may not enjoy following them all, but if you want the life of your dreams – both now and in the future – the rules are a necessary part of making it happen.